Yellow Robe Lumberjack

OH GEEEZ, spring break. People always go crazy about it, and its not all THAT exciting. I mean yeah, I love that I will be able to sleep in for a week and do a few things with my mom, but its only a week. If I was going somewhere, on vacation, then I would be excited.

So I ordered this bathing suit from delias, and it is a pain in the butt waiting for. It is yellow and I am absolutely in love with it. I dont know why but I've had a thing for yellow for the past couple months. Also, I need to finish this robe that I am making. I know, it sounds boring a robe. But it is silk, and it is like one of those that you put on when you get out of the shower. Its not like a terry cloth old lady robe.

Right now, my dad and his friend are cutting down this huge dead tree on my property and its quite amazing. I have watched my dad cut down many many trees but every time it amazes me. My dad is older, and he was a lumberjack for 50 years, so its kinda scary to watch him with a chain saw but he's the expert. It amazes me because it is such a precise skill and if any little detail is skipped or mess up then the whole thing could go wrong but somehow my dad manages to do it perfectly. When I was very little my dad would take me to work with him and always thought that was so cool. The trees seemed bigger I guess. But now that I look at the pictures, the trees really were huge. How many kids can say their dad is a lumberjack?

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Ice House 2009